Friday, February 10, 2012

Purple Home Decor Ideas


purple white modern bedroom wallpaper headboard lavender aubergine lilac violet amethyst
{Picture via House&Garden}

Purple, lavender, aubergine, lilac, violet, amethyst and all the other variations are on my favorite list.
This color gives a space a sophisticated, luxurious and elegant note. It makes a space look very chic when combined with white, cream, gold, gray or silver. The greatest challenge is finding your purple hue.

The picture above was my design inspiration for my bedroom. This gorgeous space belongs to Gwyneth Paltrow, and since my budget is limited I was able to find some affordable solutions.
Since I did not want to use wallpaper or even an accent wall, I got faux silk curtains in a dark purple. However, if your would like an accent wall, I recommend you using  a wall stencil.


Purple Home Decorating Design Ideas Bedroom Livingroom Living Room


Luckily, I was able to find an amazing white upholstered bed on Overstock and it is very affordable: $385.99 only!
Interior Design Home Decorating Ideas Chich  Platform Bed Headboard White
Add caption

This Z Gallerie vases are contemporary and I like using glass to bring color into a space.
Purple Contemporary Home Decor Glass Vases Decorating Display

Source: zgallerie.com via on Pinterest


Purple, lavender, aubergine, lilac home decorating interior design bedroom



In addition to the purple curtains and vases, I plan to use pillows and artwork in my design.
Purple Contemporary Home Decor



Purple Contemporary Home Decor Abstract Art Painting


Using  purple as an an accent color for the ceiling is a brilliant idea.
Home Decor Ideas Arizona Pinterest California



Did you use or plan on using purple when decorating? Also, please let me know what is your favorite accent color. 

7 comments:

pasqueflower said...

Purple is my FAVORITE color, so I loved this post. I especially like the deep purple accent pillow. Yum.

Sheryl Hastings said...

How beautiful! I'm going to have to send thi spost to my daughter. I can't think of anyone that loves purple more than her.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Jacob Hamilton from Arcadian Lighting blog. Your blog sparked my interest today and I was wondering if you might be interested in receiving a guest post sometime soon. Let me know if you would be interested in any of the following titles:

1) Stripes and Patterns, or,
2) Bathrooms with French Inspirations

I believe your readers will find this content to be truly inspiring and helpful. These articles are 100% unique and haven't been posted elsewhere.

Here are a just a few examples of our work:
http://thevintagewren.blogspot.com/2011/08/guest-post-vintage-kitchens.html
http://www.pinkflowerlove.com/guest-post-cupcakes-and-interiors


I appreciate your consideration and I hope to hear back from you soon!

Best regards,

Jacob Hamilton

Jacob Hamilton said...

Hello! My name is Jacob from Arcadian Lighting and I was wondering if you received my comment about a possible guest post. I would love to hear from you! My email is jacob.h@arcadianhome.com

International decor said...

its amazing .. thank you

Purple stylish said...

i like your pretty tastes :)

Golden house said...

this is fantastic purple degrees